Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dateland-Gila Bend

Last nite I was given the honor of being the first female to read from the Book of Bubba... so of course as I finished reading about Yuma I turned around and told Bubba about the war camps. He said, "Lady Diane (my nickname)when you read from the Book of Bubba - you read from that.. you don't add anything to it." They were all laughing and bubba said now you know why I've only let the men read... It was pretty funny.

Todays ride was hot and flat... same as yesterday. I've decided I would rather climb a mountain then ride flat... and I guess that will happen in Texas. Hopefully it cools down some for tomorrow. It was 90+ today.

We stopped at sofia's mexican cafe for lunch today - the place is really popular with very few tables. but it was good!

3 comments:

  1. I love your new nickname.I hope the weather cooperates and give you a break.I am so glad you are having a great time.I called Nita today and she gave the lowdown on how much fun you are having.Ride like the wind buddy.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. be grateful for the weather, it's cold and rainy here!! Have fun and be safe!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Careful what you wish for Lady Diane...it's snowing here in Diamond Springs!!!
    Stay Safe
    Marian

    ReplyDelete