Friday, April 1, 2011

Big Bend National Park, Tx

We took of this morning for a full day of sightseeing at Big Bend. What a beautful area. I guess I think of parks as having trees and grass somewhere but this park is not like that. It is thousands of acres of vegetation and mountains and rock. no trees and definitely no grass. I took some pics but it doesn't do it justice. Here's a pic of us at the entrance to the park.


We rode down to the Rio Grande River - one side US and the other side Mexico. There is a sign that states that this area is not a legal port of entry and if found crossing the river - we are illegal. course Dawn and Gopher both waded across. The river is way down and very low. I guess the border patrol isn't too worried about illegals crossing at this area as to come from Mexico they have to climb over some very steep high cliffs.

We saw a javeline crossing the road on the road back and I've seen several Road Runners in the last week....

Tomorrow is a 55 mile day on our way to Sanderson. My understanding is that we will be sharing a sight with the trains. I bet we get lots of sleep. I will say the trains run regularly in the South and usually at nite when you're trying to sleep. I'm down at the kitchen area and realized I forgot to load my "riders in the buff" picture. You'll have to wwait until tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. Isn.t the park wonderful, so many different aspects of living life, rock and rivers. The Texas Hill country is a sight to see, their wild flowers are heavenly....Have a great ride tomorrow....Love your pic's.... Be safe
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't get an opportunity to comment on this last blog. Great picture. I've never actually seen a roadrunner except on the cartoons. Lucky you. Can hardly wait to see the picture of the 'Riders in the buff'!! Hurry, hurry. :-)
    Stay safe
    Marian

    ReplyDelete