Monday, April 18, 2011

Jackson, LA

What a great trip this is... we cycled 74 miles yesterday...We crossed the Mississippi river by auto ferry...pretty cool!!!

We stopped in St Francisville for lunch at Eight Sisters - a soulful experience. Really good food before continuing on for the last 18 miles. Those last miles were absolutely beautiful riding the backroads of LA. We are stayed last nite and our layover day today at at Perry and Leps. They are actually hosts for cyclists when needing a place to stay. they're on the Adventure Cycling magazines list of hosts. They have a beautiful place - 5 acres - reminds me of my sisters place in Minnesota. Absolutely beautiful. Here we are sitting around the fire last nite. We started the fire by using fritos...really makes me stop and think when I open up a bag to eat- enough grease to start a fire - can you believe it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Di, nice to hear you say that about my place in Minnesota with our five acres, you know your having way to much fun, but good for you !!!!! come on tell me what kind of a dance the zydeco is ! Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!Glad I've never cared much for fritos. I should tell Phil that...he likes fritos!
    Must be really beautiful to remind you of Katy's. Did you tip your toes in the Mississippi River just to say you did?? :-)
    Stay safe
    Marian

    ReplyDelete