Saturday, April 9, 2011

To Fentress, TX

Well, for starters, today was 74 miles of headwinds -the first 45 miles was more roller coaster hills. Now I love those hills but by the 3rd day I was darn tired of them. Then all of a sudden we turned and there was flat roads and fields where you could see off in the distance. It was amazing - just a turn in the road. Very pretty but still those headwinds!! The Texas wildflowers are finally coming out. There's been a delay because of the freeze and drought... but if you could see the fields that had them -absolutely beautiful. Pinks, blues, purples, yellows, rusts, reds - what a wonderful sight. With the headwinds coming at us I just kept looking at the flowers - trying not to think that I could only go 8-9 miles an hour...It was tough for everyone. We all dragged in.

I forgot to tell you all that we took the staff out to dinner in Kerrville. We took them to Margaritas which is like Chevys. It was a lot of fun and we told them it was Dawn's birthday and they did like they do at Chevy's. She was a good sport as she was surprised when they clapped a sombrero on her head and started singing....

I didn't get to the BBQ in Lockhart because it was actually at 60 miles and we only skirted the town. I have no idea where the place was and I was too tired to care at that point but we did pass the courthouse - check it out. A little elaborate don't you think? They say it took only 8 months to build it - a little hard to believe....

I'm tired to nite so this is it... We're on our way to La Grange tomorrow. I understand it has a lot of history...

3 comments:

  1. You have every right to be tired.You are such a trooper riding every mile.Roland had a cute picture of you on his website.You were eating a sundae with a big grin on your face.Priceless!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The courthouse looks like a castle from some historical movie and if it took only 8 months to build I wouldn't want to be in it when there's a major wind. It's kinda pretty, tho.
    I love the sombrero. Great pictures.
    Stay safe
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you on the headwinds, just keep trucking on...Headwinds are the devil...they just beat you to death.... To bad you didn't have Jack Ledbetter in front of you. Remember the Silverado trail.... I know the wildflowers are really the most beautiful in Texas...Lady Bird Johnson is the one behind the flowers....Have a good day today, be safe
    Nita

    ReplyDelete