Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Coldsprings, TX

What a great 68 mile ride today...rolling hills with ranches, cattle, wildflowers...then we rode through the Sam Houston National Forest - it was so pretty and right in the middle of the forest is a lake....Cagle Lake... it was on both sides of the road... the lake was beautiful and humongus.. did you notice how I use humoungus a lot? Everything is big in texas...


After the ride we stopped at The Hop... I couldn't believe what I -ordered...double burger, fries, ice tea and a chocolate malt...OMG was it good...We had the waitress take our pic..


This afternoon we are all lazing around at the RV park. We seem to have the porch to ourselves which is pretty cool. We have one more day in texas and then we will cross into Louisiana. I have to say I have a different perspective of Texas - the areas we've been in are really pretty and nothing like the area of Odessa and Midland. People are really friendly and helpful and impressed that we are riding across country... so they are even nicer...:-)

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are a delight...Look forward to the Texas scenery and the great way you describe the wildflowers, lakes and trees on your great adventure...OMG did that double burger, malt and whatever you had sounded good. And I'm not riding.... Have a safe trip in riding into Louisiana....Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've always heard "they grow 'em big in Texas"! While driving (Key word there - driving) thru Texas we see signs that say "don't mess with Texas" - I think they were talking about littering!! I can't believe what you ordered. I'm still laughing!!

    Stay safe
    Marian

    ReplyDelete