Friday, February 11, 2011

Mary

Once I decided to sign up for the Coast 2 Coast ride, I knew I had to do more than just ride my bike. I joined the Bladium Sport club in Alameda and was assigned to Mary Lathrop - my personal trainer. I asked for strength and endurance and she certainly gave me that.

At the beginning Mary had me sweating so much - I would go home exhausted from my workouts and flop on the couch - not to move again that day. I kept reminding Mary to go easier on me as I was an old lady. She would just smile, chew her gum and tell me I stll had 3 or so more burpies, situps or whatever I was doing at that time to go. As time went on I could feel myself getting stronger. Mary is the best!!

2 comments:

  1. :) Thanks Di! You're going to do great! Make me proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna make all women cyclists proud! Go Diane Go. Thank God you don't write of blogs as I do or I'd never catch up. ;-)

    ReplyDelete