Sunday, May 1, 2011

Palatka, Fl

Well, today was a 80+ day. Once again a great route - we were on another tree-lined canopy road for a few miles and then we rode 18 miles on a bike path that was absolutely beautiful... tree lined, no cars, a couple of rivers... nice!!! We were in Interlachan, Fl which means many lakes - a really pretty area. We stopped there for lunch and the last 15 miles we had a head wind that was work... so glad to get in and then Lora and I went to the DQ and I had a chocolate malt... gotta give this stuff up in a couple of days.

You wouldn't believe it unless you were here with me but we are staying at the National Guard Armory in a huge room.... all of us... a little different...

We are doing now what we do everynite - sit around in a circle of sorts and chat...
40 miles to go tomorrow and we'll be at our destination. I understand it's flat and pretty!! We'll dip our front wheels into the Atlantic Ocean, have a last meal together with some kind of an awards show and then I'm off to Orlando with Nita, Helen and Nisha. What a trip... will check in tomorrow and let you know how the last day goes... who cries and who doesn't :-)

4 comments:

  1. Well I'll be one of the crying...maybe not crying but I'm sorely going to miss reading your blog every night. I've thoroughly enjoyed it and... I'll be your proofreader for your book!!? Give hugs to Nita, Helen and Nisha.
    Stay safe
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be crying too. ;-) I'm enjoying reading your posts, too. Florida is a beautiful state to ride in. Happy riding and ditto on the stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane

    You hang tough and let the French boys do the crying. Don't forget to post the details of the final day.

    I think you'll be having dreams of riding around dodging lightening, mosquitos and dogs for some time.

    I hope someone from the paper shows up to document some of this. (I see where my emails were at least read.)

    The trip to Orlando should be fun. Have you forgotten how to ride in a car? You know, those are those weird looking things with four wheels that don't have to dodge things like dogs.

    Luv ya.

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, I'm sad that this amazing adventure is ending! I will miss reading your blogs as it helps brighten my day inside a dreary store. :)
    When one adventure ends, another begins. Be safe and have fun with Nita on your trip back to California!
    Mike Lee

    ReplyDelete